Driving or in a taxi from the airport [BJX]
GPS: N21 00.232 W101 14.681
1: Cross over HWY 45 and take the exit for Mexico/Silao/Guanajuato/Irapuato
- after the 2nd overpass there will be a Holiday Inn Express and an Applebees' on your Right
- you should be in the Right lane
2: At the to of the Overpass is the Exit for Guanajuato [beware of cars entering from the onramp]
- or if arriving by car from Mexico City
- Just before HWY 45 MEXICO-LEON reaches SILAO take the exit for the Cuota to GUANAJUATO.
3: After 15km pay 27 pesos at the caseta. (The GTO Bus Station is mas o menos at this location)
4: Go 500 meters to the Glorieta Santa Fe
- There will be two Stop Lights very close together:
- It is best to be in the Left lane at Stop light #1
- Once you get the green merge over into the Right lane for Stop light #2
5: Ahead you'll see a Chevy dealer and the Gran Plaza Hotel.
- Between them is a small street sign posted "Presa de la Olla". Take this street.
- n.b. if you miss the turn off just go around the Glorieta again at the next light.
6: Now go 4.5 km and you'll come to the the tunnel entrance
- the tunnel is 600 meters long.
- At the end take a RIGHT onto Paseo de la Presa toward the Presa de la Olla
7: 400 meters up Paseo de la Presa there is a small park on the right
- In the next 100 meters are the DIF Offices , an old house and a restaurant/tienda
======The restaurant is on the corner of Paseo de la Presa and San Juan de Dios =======
It may be difficult to spot the street duing the workday Mon-Fri as double and triple parking are the rule until 4:30pm
8: → San Juan de Dios is very narrow for the 1st 20 meters
- Immediately after the narrow section there is a Privada on the Right
- if you overshoot try to back down as it is 3km around to get back]
- Turn into the Privada and park anywhere for the moment- right in the middle if nothing else is available.
9: My gate is behind the white Ford station wagon
My telephone is (473) 147 6257
San Juan de Dios #38
Col. Presa de Olla
Guanajuato GTO 36000 MEXICO